Thursday, August 27, 2009

thankful thursday by megan

Hey guys! Happy (thankful) Thursday Right now, I am thankful for my warm cup of  French Market coffee that I am enjoying oh so much!

I am also thankful that I am able to cook dinner tonight for my family! A few months ago I started cooking dinner for my family once a week, usually something healthy and easy. I really enjoy cooking and I am so thankful that I have the chance to do so. It was not until a few months ago that I began to show interest in using the stove and oven, instead of only relying on the good old microwave. I guess I thought the microwave got the job done in half the time a stove or oven would. But, I am beginning to enjoy spending time preparing meals. There is so much love and effort behind a meal. And, I really love sitting down with my family to eat what I’ve prepared…at the dinner table, at the same time (like we used to every single night when Lizzy and I were growing up…before college and jobs and boys took place)! Family dinner is a rare occurrence and is usually reserved for Sundays, but I notice our family dinner beginning to take place more and more  during the work week and it’s lovely.

So, anyway the menu for tonight is Grilled Tilapia with Smoked Paprika and Parmesan Polenta. It’s a Cooking Light recipe and sounds delicious, healthy, and simple. I can’t wait to get in the kitchen later! I mean look at what will be the result…

Happy Thursday!

[Via http://southerngracesblog.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment