Friday, March 12, 2010

F-F-Friday

No, I’m not posting pictures of flowers today; the double Fs stand for fucking frustrated.

I’m not sure what happened, but my week went to shit on Wednesday morning.  Every little thing made me absolutely crazy: people who can’t seem to be bothered to follow simple directions, kids (biological and academic) who know what they’re supposed to do but can’t be bothered to do it, things that don’t work the way they’re supposed to (or that only work part of the time).  Maybe I should write next week’s Ten Things Tuesday today and get it all off my chest…

…Nah; I don’t plan on being stressed about all this dumb stuff any longer than is strictly necessary.

My plan is to try to hit my reset button as best I can this weekend.  I’ve got some housekeeping errands to attend do, but my goal is to get as much of them done tonight and first thing tomorrow morning as I can.  I’d like to maybe go to a movie with my family or go to visit friends this weekend, perhaps have some pizza, maybe even take a nap on Sunday afternoon.  I might do some more cooking, too; I’m trying to find a recipe for strawberry bread to adopt into my repertoire, and I want to see if I can reproduce the  cheese and roasted garlic sauce that I had at the Cheesecake Factory a couple of weeks ago – it was so good that I’m still thinking about it.

Oh, and I plan to drink a little, too.  I mean it; it’s been a hell of a week…

image credit

My hope is to begin again on Monday at least partially recovered to my normal, contented self.  Wish me luck.

[Via http://theinnerdoor.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment