Monday, October 26, 2009

Bobby Flay's Meatloaf

My Dicing Skills on Point

So I’m becoming a big fan of Bobby Flay’s recipes.  The dude is kind of a chief on TV, but the mofo’s recipes have been a hit every time I’ve cooked them.  The latest winner was his Roasted Vegetable Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze.  Yes, the title does make it sound kind of disgusting.

The cooking began with a true test of my dicing skills, and, setting modesty aside, they were on point.  (Guy Fieri lingo rules!)  But beyond the dicing, it didn’t require much skill as this recipe was made for a stand mixer.  This was my second time using the stand mixer, and it did not disappoint.  It took two pounds of meat, a boatload of diced vegetables, a cup of breadcrumbs and ketchup, a few eggs, and some other stuff and mixed it in about 20 seconds.  From there I threw it into a baking sheet, cooked it for an hour, and then inhaled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment