Friday, October 2, 2009

Christmas in October?

Meet Mr. Lumpybear.  He’s a few hours work and it shows.  Mr. Lumpybear gets his name because I did a terrible job stuffing him.  Otherwise he turned out pretty cute.

The sequence of photos together was my first official Photoshop project.  Please don’t ask me how long it took to figure out how to add an image or even MOVE the image once it was there! >.<;;  Back to Mr. Lumpy.  I’m planning my gifts for Christmas and thought it would be pretty fun to hand-sew some ornaments for my family.  Since we’re a small family, I think I’ll be able to manage.  My goal this year is to not buy any “retail” items.  You know, the typical dvd or cds or gift cards that people watch, use or listen to one time.  I hope that by taking the time to make the items, my family will take the time to cherish them!

On another note, I thought I’d put up a wonderful Mulled Cider recipe to go along with my Christmas-y post.  Its from a good friend of mine whom I call my Queen Skank.  Enjoy it!

Mulled Cider:

4 qts Apple Cider                                                                     1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice (about 2 lemons)

1/2 cup sugar                                                                          1 1/2 tsp whole cloves

1 cup Fresh Orange Juice (about 4)                                            2 large cinnamon sticks

Lemon and Orange Rind (optional)

Heat 2 qts cider with other ingredients, simmer 10 minutes.  Strain out cloves, cinnamon and rinds.  Add into 2qts *cold* cider.  Serve warm.

Skitzy thought: Serve this at a potluck or family gathering in a crock pot to keep it nice and warm!  Also, thanks to Cameron from Cottage Industrialist for her encouraging comment to my first post here on Skitz with Scissors!

No comments:

Post a Comment