Friday, December 25, 2009

Jumbo Shrimp & Broccolini Parmesan Risotto

I was going to make an exact replica of the terrible risotto that I had yesterday at work but my asparagus was no longer fresh so I threw it away and Whole Foods is closed today for Christmas. By the way, Merry Xmas!

I didn’t do a very good job at stocking my fridge for the end of the last long holiday season… I will need to do that once stores reopen tomorrow but probably on Sunday.

The stupid risotto that I had at Nordstrom was $16.18 This meal cost me a total of $10.23, including tax on the non-produce!! Even though my meal is only $6 cheaper, it’s SO MUCH MORE!!!! And THIS IS JUMBO SHRIMP!!!!

[100% organic & wild Gulf shrimp]

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 cups chicken broth
  • One 8 oz. bottle clam juice
  • 2 TB unsalted butter
  • 2 TB basil oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, diced
  • 0.5 cup Arborio rice
  • 0.5 lb shrimp to the tail
  • Half bunch of broccolini, cut into 4 sections
  • 2 TB freshly shredded Parmesan cheese

Notes:

  • Risotto instructions here.
  • Bake the shrimp for 1o-15 minutes on 450ºF
  • Add the broccolini to the risotto once the rice is almost al dente
  • Once risotto is ready, turn off heat and add the Parmesan and mix

[Via http://ifyancanyoucan.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment