Wednesday, December 16, 2009

You ate that whole thing?!

A dog took it! He came out of nowhere!

Our meals this week have been pretty impressive. I’m a cook and a blogger. But not because of that fucking Julie and Julia (though I did watch it…and didn’t like it…but was maybe…just a little…a tiny bit inspired to cook….a bit).

My favorite thing I made this week was eggplant with tomatoes and parmesan. You saute some garlic and onions and spices, you add the tomatoes and a bunch of lemon juice then the eggplant. I served it on crusty bread and it was so awesomely delicious. Spicy and lemony and soft and wonderful. Scott has called it the best homemade meal he’s ever eaten, which made me feel like a real chef.

The next best thing we ate was avocado enchiladas. It had this green pepper, onion, garlic paste that was spread on each tortillas with sauteed zucchini, tomatoes, and jack cheese.

We’re trying to eat healthier, but the food I’m making is so good it’s hard not too overeat our fat little hearts out. If you want the recipes for obesity through vegetarianism, email me. Next time I’ll have to take pictures to make you jealous.

In other news, my potato salad turned out kind of mushy, but I ate it anyway because we’re poor and can’t afford to throw out perfectly good boiled potatoes.

[Via http://theoreticalcosmology.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment