Friday, December 11, 2009

Staying Happy In A Snowy Season

Hey guys,

Sorry its been a few days since I’ve posted. To be honest, I have been feeling pretty down/ apathetic about things (seasonal depression, anyone?). Anyways, I am finally feeling more like myself today- and up to posting!  But I have a lot of eats to catch up on:

Wednesday breakfast: 1 egg, 1 egg white scrambled with spinach and feta, rolled up in a wrap. Topped with lots of salsa!

Wednesday lunch: Amy’s burrito and lots of snacks…

Wednesday’s “Lazy Kat dinner”: big salad, turkey hot dogs on a slice of Ezekial.

With some excellent McClure’s relish!

And a TJ’s mini ice cream cookie sandwich for dessert.

Thursday: breakfast on the go- a glass of Emergen-C, a banana, chocolate PURE bar.

Thursday lunch (unpictured) at work- turkey and cheese sammie on whole wheat bread, sliced pineapple.

Thursday dinner: “REALLY Lazy Kat dinner”: 2 chopped turkey hot dogs, leftover Angel Hair and Squash Pasta with Marinara Sauce, sliced veggies and humus.

When I was little, chopped hot dog and macaroni was my favorite meal in the world. Maybe this is why I am feeling better today? Comfort food does wonders for me!

Question: What do you do to avoid feeling down during the winter? Any tips? I am from South Florida, so I spent my entire life until outside every day- swimming, walking, running, staying active. Winter and me just don’t mix. But I live here for now, so I need to do my best to stay happy. I have tried bundling up and taking more walks outside, even when it is freezing. I have also been forcing myself to keep exercising a bit every day so the endorphins keep pumping through my body. I have also given into way too many hot chocolates over the last few days (albeit skim) to boost my mood. What do you do?

I hope you all staying cozy and happy wherever you are!

[Via http://katsdailyplate.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment