Monday, February 15, 2010

my sweet valentine

I could not resist baking something sweet and V-Day inspired for my monkey-in-residence ; ) ah didn’t you know this is one of his many ‘titles’…

I found inspiration here.

The sweets on top are ‘Love Hearts’. I don’t know if they are just an English thing?!

But my recipe is slightly different. It’s the recipe I use for all my basic cupcakes and Victoria Sponge cakes. Yum!

Ingredients

6 oz of self raising flour

6 oz of caster sugar

6 oz of butter

3 eggs

1/2 tsp of baking powder

vanilla essence

Method

Preheat the oven at 180˚C

Beat butter and sugar till it’s all fluffy. Add one egg at a time and beat in well. Bit bit add the flour with the baking powder, ensuring to sift it as it goes in. I sometime add a spoonful of sunflower oil for extra softness!

Put paper cakes in a cupcake/mini muffin tray and fill 2/3 with the mix (I get 20 cupcakes out of these measurements).

Place the tray in the middle of the oven, bake for 20 min or till golden. Take out of the oven and let cool.

Once cooled down have fun with the decoration. I used a simple butter icing with a bit of red food colouring (to make it go pink). You make butter icing by beating 75g of butter till soft, add and beat in gradually 175g of icing sugar. To that I add bit by bit few drops of water till I get the right consistency I want for piping it on top… although I left it pretty simple on these.

Enjoy!

[Via http://wheredorootsbelong.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment