Monday, January 25, 2010

Brioche (1/25/10)

I cook a lot so I’m going to start making dumb little blog posts about it because why not?

I made some brioche today, its an enriched french bread with eggs and butter.

Well I didn’t make it today I mean, I made it tomorrow, or I will make it tomorrow. I started on it today, whatever!

Dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, thats 6 and a half ounces of flour, half a tablespoon of yeast, one and a half tablespoons of sugar, some salt and 1/8th of a cup of dry non fat milk.

So then I throw in 5 tbls of butter, 2 eggs (minus some) and an 1/8th of a cup of water

After 5 minutes in the mixer it looks like this. This is cookie dough, not bread!

Persistence makes it into a real bread dough! Then it sits on the counter for an hour to rise

Hour later rising on the counter it goes in the fridge until tomorrow morning!

I have never been good at being patient…

[Via http://jerfad.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment