Friday, January 29, 2010

Flavor Friday

I’m not a horrible cook, but my talents are more in tune with ordering at a restaurants then being in a kitchen.  It’s not so much the cooking aspect as the cleaning up  that I despise.  Maybe all those years of having to do the dishes after family dinners scarred me (thanks mom).  But I would like to become a better cook, and I do find myself reading food blogs religiously wishing I could cook some of the delicious things posted.  So in honor of my love of food, and my hope to cook more in the future I’m going to post a recipe every Friday.  Hopefully at some point I’ll post one that I actually made (and with images!)

Today I’m craving chocolate like crazy so this recipe for chocolate truffles with sea salt  is courtesy of  The Pioneer Woman, who’s amazing website is chockfull of great recipes, pictures of her gorgeous family and their ranch, and hilarious insights in to her life.  She offers creat step-by-step instructions and pictures here.

Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt

 

Prep Time: 2 Hours   Cook Time: 15 Minutes   Difficulty: Easy   Servings: 36 Ingredients
  • 8 ounces, weight (up To 9 Oz.) Good Semisweet Chocolate
  • 8 ounces, weight (up To 9 Oz.) Good Bittersweet Chocolate
  • 1 can (14 Oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
  • 8 ounces, weight Meltable Milk Chocolate
  • Sea Salt
Preparation Instructions

Heat dark chocolates and condensed milk in a double boiler over medium low heat until chocolate is melted. Stir—mixture will have a slight marshmallow texture. Stir in vanilla.

Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate for two hours.

Once chilled, roll in balls, then roll in melted milk chocolate coating. Sprinkle with sea salt or other fine, coarse sprinkles.

[Via http://seemelgo.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment