Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let's Pick Up Where We Left Off...

Now that the weather is more like its supposed to be  – I mean, we are in Florida the last time I checked! – things are starting to balance out again.

Since I have abandoned my weight loss blog for the time being, I have had several requests to maintain a daily blog about life in general, and I remembered this lil abandoned project of mine, and thought, why not?

So, welcome to our life again!

I am amazed that so many people find our boring lil existence interesting enough to read about, but I am happy to oblidge.

Let’s see…

This past weekend, the cold that had its grips on us finally dissipated, leaving a wet and rainy Saturday in its wake. Sunday cleared out and it actually hit 70, which I felt like welcoming with tears. Instead, we felt like a trip to St. Augustine was in order!

Daniel admiring a fountain near The Visitor's Center

Me, next to the zero mile marker for the Spanish Trail to San Diego

We saw this in one of the walk through malls on St. George St. - I didn't even know they made "video" games that long ago!

The wind was rediculous - blowing steady at at least 30mph

Such pretty weather, in spite of the wind!

Some of the beautiful archeticture of St. Augustine

Daniel and Daddy, enjoying an after-luch tootsie pop

All smiles

We walked for about 2 1/2 hours and it felt great to get out. I still am amazed at families who complain about the lack of money to do things.

The cost of this trip for us was:

  • $3.00 for gas- it took (round trip) 1/10 of a tank, and my car will fill up for $30.00
  • $1.60 for a cookie for Daniel
  • $4.90 for two coffees
  • $21.00 for lunch

for a grand total of $30.50

– or $10.17 per person…which without the lunch was less than $10.00 in total!

Monday meant getting back to the day to day, so that meant being buried under plies of laundry and getting the itch to be in the kitchen!

I made some Minestrone Soup and some Thyme Twists and that was dinner. I always make an absolutely huge pot of the soup, because its my favorite and I could eat it forever, and this way, it feels like I am!

The twists were amazing and making want to try making some other crackers similar to these today. I had a pumpkin left from Halloween – yes, seriously, that I just cut up this morning and roasted the meat, and I am thinking that the seeds would be awesome in some crackers, so I believe I hear them calling me from the kitchen right now! Look for these in the near future!

So, while I am getting the other sections in this blog back up to current, please bear with me. In the meantime, you’ll at least have my ramblings to keep you amused!

[Via http://livingmore.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment