Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What's Cooking?

Taquitos and cupcakes, that’s what! In my little bout of unemployment, I’ve turned to the oven and the hob.

While I was in LA, I ate these looovely rolled tacos called Taquitos. I was craving them so decided to give it a go myself  – they turned out pretty well and went down great with the fam at home! The Guacamole and the Salsa is also home made! Got recipe for the guac in an American cook book and the Salsa I made up after emptying a carton of chopped tomatoes into a bowl.

Taquitos are basically shredded and seasoned chicken rolled inside a corn tortilla which is then fried for 1 min in a pan of oil. Serve them with a layer of cheese & lettuce on top. TASTY!

For Christmas, my mum got a lovely cookbook by the Hummingbird Bakery all on how to make cupcakes, cakes and other baked goods. I decided to give the ‘Peaches & Cream’ cupcakes a whirl, et voilà!

They have peaches in the bottom of them and vanilla frosting on top.

[Via http://phreshmentality.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment