Thursday, September 17, 2009

Delicious Raw Miso Soup

I’m eating this right now!  It’s the perfect thing when my tummy isn’t feeling so happy, like this afternoon (and unfortunately, most afternoons).  Depending on how raw I feel like being, I make this with varying temperatures of water. It’s a new staple in my diet and gets 5/5 happy monkeys. Just a note of caution: although I list ingredient proportions as adapted from Alyssa Cohen’s Living on Live Food, I really just throw in however much looks good.  I personally like it really miso-ey.

Ingredients:

1.5 cups water (warm or hot)

1 tbsp fresh ginger root

2 tsp miso (I like the brown rice variety)

1/4 tsp sea salt

2 tbsp scallions or other herbs (dill shown here), chopped

raw vegetable, such as chopped mushrooms, baby spinach or shredded carrots

1/4 cup soft tofu, cut into cubes (optional for raw)

Directions:

Throw everything but the herbs, veg and tofu in Vita Mix blender and blend until smooth. Pour in bowl and add herbs, veg and tofu. I like to add some flax oil on top of mine as a garnish. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment