Saturday, September 26, 2009

How This Week's Mealplan Went

The first weeks of mealplanning went quite well!

Was a but gutted though as when I closely inspected the minced beef it wasn’t in a very good state. I defrosted one pack and it was dark brown and had a funny smell, I looked at two other packs and they were a similar colour and were dated April. I made the decision to bin them – I don’t want to mess with our health. I bought a new pack, along with fresh carrots, mushrooms and a large bag of potatoes and carried on as planned.

Here’s my mealplan for this week:

  • Mon  Me- Chicken Steak in Breadcrumbs & Jacket potato. OH – Southern Fried Flavour Chicken steak in breadcrumbs & oven chips, both served with peas and carrots.
  • Tues  Beef & Ale Stew made in slow cooker (consisting of 1/3 pack of lean minced beef, one Colmans Beef & Ale sachet, onion, mushrooms and carrot – haven’t decided yet whether to cook with potatoes in, or make potoatoes into mash to be served alongside) – didn’t have chance to put in before I left for work so cooked in oven instead. Served with yorkshire puds that I’d planned to use on Saturday.
  • Wed  Spag Bol (will use the rest of mince to make a massive portion of bolognaise with onions, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes)
  • Thur Lasagne (using bolognaise from last night)
  • Fri Fishcake & Oven chips (or maybe home made potato wedges) with peas & carrots/sweetcorn – had payday chinese takeaway instead.
  • Sat  Roast chicken dinner - 1 leg of chicken each, roast pots, yorkshire puds (all from freezer), plus veg & gravy. – having grilled burgers from freezer and making potato wedges as OH will be in late tonight.
  • Sun  Round at my parents for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment