Saturday, September 26, 2009

Raw Hummus

I picked up some chickpea sprouts at the farmer’s market, so I decided to try making raw hummus based on the recipe in Alissa Cohen’s Living on Live Food book.

I give this a 3/5 happy monkeys.  It was ok but it was too starchy for me, not smooth enough.  Perhaps adding more oil would help, but I think the raw chickpeas just might not break down very well.  I even soaked them for a while before I made this but it didn’t really seem to help much.  I think I’d rather try making hummus out of almonds or zucchini, or just stick to cooked hummus.

Ingredients:

- 1 cup sprouted chickpeas

- 1/3 cup ground sesame seeds

- 1/4 cup onion

- 1/3 cup olive oil

- 1/4 cup lemon peeled

- handful basil

- 2 cloves garlic

- sea salt to taste

Directions:

Throw it all in the food processor and process away!

No comments:

Post a Comment