Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quick projects

I was hard at work on Saturday morning, making Heather’s cinnamon swirl bread and finishing some napkins for a wedding gift which I totally put off until the last minute. They aren’t all that fancy, just squares with the edges turned over twice and stitched, but I love them. I wanted to keep them, that lantern bloom fabric by Laura Gunn is so good. But I didn’t, I have some Anna Maria Horner Good Folks Cathedral for myself. And goodness knows since it took so long for me to get down and dirty to make these with a deadline, I’ll probably never get around to making the set for myself, even though they are SO EASY. That is just like me. I also started some coasters. Who knows when those’ll get finished.

The bread was delicious, too. It rises huge which I totally love because my normal go-to bread recipe is kind of dense and doesn’t get very poufy. So it was exciting watching this rise and bake. And of course we couldn’t wait and cut in to a warm loaf right away. Cinnamon bread always makes me think of my dad, when I was little I remember him liking that peperidge farm (?) cinnamon swirl bread with raisins quite alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment