Monday, September 7, 2009

Scones

I never really did much cooking – a bit of instant stuff like 2 minute noodles, oven fry fish.   Until Wifey went away for 18 days in July.    That, and MasterChef has made a huge change in our household!   We’re now trying different recipes every week, and I’m now assigned to do cooking at least once a week

It’s so funny because I have such a different approach to cooking than Wifey.   For me, it’s like revisiting high school Chemistry.  I am one of those “follow the recipe to the letter” people.  I argue that they must have tried these recipes many times, so why deviate from it?

The good thing about cooking is that kids love it!   One of the first things I did was pull out our beginner’s cookbook and work through a scone recipe with the kids.

They were both so eager to get their hands dirty! Unfortunately, they didn’t seem too excited by all the scones by the end of it all… so I had to eat nearly all of them

[Via http://jasechong.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment