Thursday, September 3, 2009

In the words of Ice Cube, today was a good day.

So I wasn’t sure how today was going to go. I swung by Dick and Jane’s and obviously Jane was cold and condemning, but I had some good talks with Dick. He told me to “go get one of those lesbian girlfriends because [my] taste in men is abysmal.” Lawlercoaster. We also touched upon my Uncle Pete and that is a sore subject with him, but we hugged it out. As much of (and as often as) a fucking jerk he can be, he can be really terrific. He needs to live forever. I don’t know what I’ll do when he’s gone. Ugh I don’t even want to imagine it, so I wont. LA LA LA! Life is sunshine and daisies!

Annnnyways, I started cooking “the feast” today. I wasn’t sure until later this afternoon if J was going to make it out today or not. It was obviously not, but no worries! He’s coming down tomorrow night. *Shoots ::the look:: at J and shakes fist menacingly. “You’d effin better be!”* (I’m KIDDING! {or am I?}) So I threw the turkey into the crockpot with some onions, carrots, portabello mushroom caps, herbs de province, butter and 2 bottles of Shipyard PumpkinheadAle and let it cook on low for seven hours.  Later on, I picked up L, we got some Mary Lou’s and took a ride through Bourne, laughing so hard I thought my ribs were going to break. Good fucking hangs! After that we went and picked up JC from the bus stop. L- he is fantastic! Keep him! We watched Man -Vs- Food while I was cooking DW’s mashed potatoes and butternut squash. I have to say, Man V Food: The Red Mill’s burgs and the Crab Pot looks amazing! Seattle here I come! Although, I think it’s really fucking funny that he is totally wearing a shirt from The Barking Crab. (FYI the Barking Crab is an amazing and expensive seafood joint located on the wharf in Boston Harbor.) Everything came out simply amazing and I didn’t even cook up everything that I will tomorrow! If you couldn’t figure it out, I am completely in dumb love with food. (And I wonder why I can’t ever lose any weight! *sigh*)

After dinner, JC showed us the fucking funniest youtubes ever. *!!NERD ALERT!!* The long-simmering feud between Superman (DC) and Wolverine (Marvel) comes to a boil in this Marvel/DC parody. I can’t even being to describe it so, here. Enjoy!

Alright, I have just cleaned the kitchen… Okay! Okay! Okay! So I’ve only scraped the plates down, threw them in the sink and wrapped up the leftovers. I’ll deal with it tomorrow morning. I’ve got the “Itis” something fierce. Sweet, Sweet Tryptophan! Take me away! …zzzZZZzzz…. *Snore*

[Via http://eastcoaststeffie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment